MINDFULNESS-BASED SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL LEARNING (MBSEL) PROGRAMS & PRODUCTS
CHANGE MAKER MBSEL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS
Customizable & practical MindfuL Activity Cards and PRODUCTS
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS & TRAIN THE TRAINER
About Bee Happy Mindfulness:
Breathe Happy with Bee Happy Mindfulness. We transform lives with Mindfulness Leadership Programs and MBSEL curriculum/programming (Mindfulness-Based Social and Emotional Learning) one breath and step at a time. Our programs and activity cards are fully customized, practical and easy to use. We work with all ages in Education, Sport, Recreation, Camps, and Business.
Current clients include Jays Care Foundation, Jump Math, YMCA, and Peel District School Board, Urban Squash Toronto, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Canada just to name a few.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Mindfulness-Based Social and Emotional Learning (MBSEL) curriculum and products including mindful activity cards that are practical, fun and fully customized for clients.
- Our Change Maker KOA Koaching Leadership Program builds the capacity for understanding and demonstrating mindfulness-based social and emotional practices (MBSEL). This leadership program empowers students to model, coach and teach others how to be resilient, grateful, and compassionate (see additional information below curriculum).
- Professional development programs for educators including train the trainer options.
WHY BEE HAPPY MINDFULNESS?
- Expert Guidance by experienced, inclusive, and trauma-informed mindfulness educators
- Tailored solutions for classrooms, sport, camp and recreation programs
- Proven impact on focus, stress management, and well-being for participants and educators
- We’re an approved vendor for the Peel District School Board and clients include Peel District School Board, YMCA, Jays Care Foundation, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Canada and Urban Squash Toronto.
What IS MINDFULNESS-BASED SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING?
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), a prominent organization in the field, defines SEL as the process through which individuals acquire and apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and demonstrate empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Mindfulness-Based Social Emotional Learning (MBSEL) is a new approach that builds on the framework of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), with an emphasis on daily mindfulness practice as the foundation. With continued daily practice, students will be strengthening critical brain networks associated with learning.
Bee Happy Mindfulness has distilled the definition of SEL into the core principles of Kindness, Optimism and Awareness – KOA, the foundation of our curriculum with a mindfulness lens.
The THRIVE TIME Framework
Cognitive and neuroscientific studies indicate that regular practice is vital for developing any skill, and mindfulness is no different (Vinogradov, Fisher, De Villers-Sidani 2012).
The benefits of mindfulness are maximized when practised daily. Based on this evidence, we recommend mini-mindful practices throughout the day, between 5 and 10 minutes daily, and one 30-45 minute teaching session per week.
We provide lessons that meet the SEL Ontario curriculum objectives and we have simplified it even further by creating a consistent framework for delivering KOA lessons using the acronym THRIVE TIME
BEE HAPPY MINDFULNESS CHANGE MAKERS’ LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Our Change Maker KOA Koaching Leadership Program builds the capacity for understanding and demonstrating mindfulness-based social and emotional practices (MBSEL). This leadership program empowers students to model, coach and teach others how to be resilient, grateful, and compassionate.
The Change Makers – KOA Koaches (volunteer students) teach students in other classes (and grade levels) about incorporating various mindfulness-based practices (MBSEL) to reduce stress and to calm the nervous system, empowering students to be kind, optimistic, and aware.
This is an 8-week training program that runs in three phases.
- Phase 1: Awareness & goal setting practices
- Phase 2: Optimism & growth mindset practices
- Phase 3: Kindness & compassionate practices
- Each phase takes approx. 3 months to complete.
CUSTOMIZABLE & PRACTICAL MINDFUL ACTIVITY CARDS
At Bee Happy Mindfulness, we believe in cultivating mindful and resilient individuals from a young age. Our customizable and practical mindfulness activity cards and products are thoughtfully designed to empower kids, youth, and their support systems on their journey towards emotional well-being and success.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAIN THE TRAINER PROGRAMS
Our comprehensive courses are meticulously crafted for educators, sports professionals, and recreational leaders.
These customized Professional Development and Train the Trainer Programs offer an in-depth exploration of mindfulness techniques, tailored to enhance focus, resilience, and well-being in educational and athletic environments. Participants will engage in a series of structured workshops, gaining practical skills and theoretical knowledge essential for implementing mindfulness strategies effectively.
Our expert facilitators ensure a rich learning experience, providing participants with the tools to foster a mindful culture within their organizations. Join us in this transformative journey to elevate your professional capabilities through the power of mindfulness.