WHAT WE DO?
- Mindfulness-Based social and emotional learning (MBSEL) curriculum and products including mindful activity cards that are practical, fun and fully customized for clients.
- Our Change Maker KOA Koaching Leadership Program builds the capacity for understanding and demonstrating mindfulness-based social and emotional practices (MBSEL). This leadership program empowers students to model, coach and teach others how to be resilient, grateful, and compassionate (see additional information below curriculum).
- Professional development programs for educators including train the trainer options.
WHY BEE HAPPY MINDFULNESS?
- Expert Guidance by experienced, inclusive, and trauma-informed mindfulness educators
- Tailored solutions for classrooms, sport, camp and recreation programs
- Proven impact on focus, stress management, and well-being for participants and educators
- We’re an approved vendor for the Peel District School Board and clients include Peel District School Board, YMCA, Jays Care Foundation, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Canada and Urban Squash Toronto.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS-BASED SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNING?
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), a prominent organization in the field, defines SEL as the process through which individuals acquire and apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and demonstrate empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Mindfulness-Based Social Emotional Learning (MBSEL) is a new approach that builds on the framework of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), with an emphasis on daily mindfulness practice as the foundation. With continued daily practice, students will be strengthening critical brain networks associated with learning.
Bee Happy Mindfulness has distilled the definition of SEL into the core principles of Kindness, Optimism and Awareness – KOA, the foundation of our curriculum with a mindfulness lens.